Sunday, November 9, 2008

Back in (running) action.

After a week of cross-training, I'm back in running form. My ankle felt fine throughout my 4.3 mile run this morning and I am relieved. I took the advice of my wise commenters (commentors? comment makers?) and ran with the Ace bandage/wrap and it seemed to help. I'll probably continue to use it for my next few runs and then see how it feels after that.

Unfortunately, I didn't feel confident enough to run the 15k that I had planned on running today. It was a tough decision but I just didn't want to risk really damaging my ankle and being sidelined for months. So, I sat it out and I'm OK with that. Next year . . . watch out!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

12 comments:

J said...

I am so glad that your ankle is feeling better! It stinks but it was prolly a good idea to sit out the 15k! Happy weekend!

Diana said...

I'm glad you decided to sit out the run...it does suck, but it's better that then more damage!

I hope the ankle doesn't give you any mnore trouble!

Julianne said...

Yay for your improved ankles!!! It's probably a good idea to sit out on that 15k... especially since you're just feeling better. But next year, you're gonna OWN that race!!

Marcy said...

Awwwhhh bummer that you couldn't do the Stockade-athon. But sitting out was def a good thing. You got this next year!

BeachRunner said...

Smart move to lay off it, I am really glad to hear you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

glad you are BACK and smart that you didnt run.

hate to echo the proverbial masses ;)
but it's true.

Miz.

tfh said...

Glad the 4.3 felt good!

Oh, and by the way, lately I've been thinking of you every time I slam a cabinet on my finger, stub a toe on the coffee table, or accidentally close the fridge door on my foot. Who knows how these things happen, but I always have a momentary "will this sideline me" flash of panic and now, I think of you, too. Hope you will recognize this as a sincere compliment from a sister in clumsiness.

Vava said...

Nice work on taking it a bit easy. No sense in wrecking the ankle and missing months of running! Very smart, and educational for me to be sure.

Chic Runner said...

Glad your feeling better and getting back after it! :) You will be on top next year for the 15k! :)

Aron said...

glad you are back and definitely a smart move to sit out the 15k

RunToTheFinish said...

Any day back is a good day right, regardless of the miles!! Hope you keep recovering quickly.

ncrunner12 said...

Really glad to hear you're back. taking a year off till the 15k sounds like a plan, you'll be in top shape and kick ass.

Good luck with the bandage, hope it gets better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...