Thursday, September 23, 2010

Is it bedtime yet?

You know what happens after months and months of chirping about how great pregnancy is?

You get your comeuppance. In my case, that means getting hit smack in the face with a big ol' plate of fatigue pie.

We're talking sheer exhaustion. Tired beyond belief. Tired that doesn't go away. Sure, I have some good reasons for why I'm exhausted -- I'm at the tail end of this here pregnancy, my son has decided that it's great fun to wake up in the middle of the night to pee and he needs me to take him to the bathroom every time, and I'm anemic. Fortunately, I can do something about that last one and ever since I found out about the anemia (OK, yesterday) I've been taking iron supplements.

But, come on! Do I really need to be this tired? Really?

I'm not complaining complaining I'm just, you know, complaining. I don't like being tired. I'm not one of those people who's normally tired all the time. Yes, I get tired. But, not like this. Not so I have to lie down and nap or else I will suddenly just stop functioning and end up standing in the middle of the room as if I were some sort of zombie woman who hasn't yet figured out how to move her limbs.

(I guess in addition to my fatigue, I've also gained a heightened flair for exaggeration in my 38th week.)

Grumble, grumble, grumble . . . 

On the more cheery-ho! side of things, my doctor -- admittedly based on very little -- has predicted that I will deliver prior to my next scheduled ob appointment, which is next Wednesday. So I've got that going for me. And I won a free housecleaning! Well, not exactly the whole house -- just the bathrooms and the kitchen, but still! I'm psyched! After all, I keep the house fairly clean (which could be why I'm tired . . . ) but I always feel as if I'm behind on the bathrooms. They just get yucky and, I admit, I don't give them the thorough cleaning that they deserve. Because they're bathrooms and who enjoys cleaning bathrooms? Especially when sporting a sizable baby belly?

So, that's my story these days. I may not be running and I may be all kinds of tired but you had better believe I will have a clean house.

Happy almost Friday, everyone!

~Felice

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you ran a super long time into your pregnancy, which is really awesome. You're at 38 weeks and your doc says it'll be before your due date, so that's cool that you were able to run so long!!

I'm anemic and not even pregnant or close to ever being pregnant. It *definitely* causes major fatigue. Not fun. Your running gives me major hope that running during pregnancy (when that eventually happens to me...) is really possible.

Getting your bathrooms and kitchen cleaned... it may not be the whole house, but those are definitely the worst to clean, so it's worth it!!

Amy Lauren

Aron said...

hang in there, you are soooo close!

Fruit Fly said...

Sweet! So by this time next week we could be hearing all about your new little one!!

And how about that - getting free cleaning on the two worst rooms to clean. You scored!
~RR

I Run for Fun said...

You are so close...that's exciting!!! Take care of yourself.

Denise said...

hang in there and take care of yourself. you're almost there!!

Marlene said...

Well if you're going to win a partial housecleaning, kitchen + bathrooms is the way to go. Congrats!

Hope you start to get some energy back... til then, hang in!

J said...

So close!! Do you have the name picked out yet??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...