Friday, January 3, 2014

Welcome, 2014!

Happy New Year!

Day 3 of 2014! I can safely say I've recovered from a fun New Year's Eve, when I rang-in 2014 with some fun friends and, of course, my kids and husband. We had a blast. The kids were up past midnight and behaved so well all night, saving their complete breakdowns until it time to leave. Bedtime was awesome, as you can imagine.

But, like I said, we had a blast so it was worth it.

Even more worth it was my first run of the year, 3.75 miles as part of the HMRRC Winter Series of races. Bridget and I committed to the run while enjoying our New Year's Eve champagne, you know, when everything sounds like the Best. Idea. Ever!

New Year's Day morning, it was another story. Fortunately for me, Bridget got me going and 12 hours into 2014 we conquered our first run of the year.

Feeling cold before the race.

Dorky runner twins! (With our friend, Melissa, in the vest.)

Yup, a chilly fun run!

Since then, we've been blanketed by snow. It hasn't made for good (or any) running, but it has provided opportunities for reflection and planning. I've been thinking a lot about how my running went in 2013 and what I want to do this year. I don't have full-on goals just yet and, in fact, I only have one race on the schedule so far (half marathon in Boston in May), but that will change over the next week or so.

Until then, I'm happy I started the year with a run -- the best way to do it!

How about you? How did you kick off 2014?

Happy New Year! And thanks, as always, for stopping by!



 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

A race sounds like a great way to start off the year. And btw I totally giggled at the "best idea ever" thing while drinking. Been there done that!

I spent NYE with my fiances family and on NYD we jumped in the lake at his parents house...water was 32 dgrees...BRR!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...