Friday, May 2, 2014

April miles bring May smiles.

At least that's what I hope.

My mileage was up a bit in April, with several quality long runs. I ran 12 miles by myself at 9:30 pace, 13.2 with friends at 10:20 pace, 10 miles by myself at 9:17 pace, and another 10 miles (7.5 with Bridget and 2.5 by myself) at 9:11 pace.

Solid runs.

Unfortunately, I have not run fast really at all since the Runnin' of the Green race in March. Which probably means that the race I'm popping into tomorrow won't be a PR. And I'm OK with that.

You read that right: I'm popping into a race! I'm running a 10K tomorrow morning and my PR for that distance, set November 2011, is 47:38 (7:40 pace). Man, I used to have some speed!

No matter, I'm not gunning for that time tomorrow. Tomorrow, I'd like to run 8 minute miles, or just under 50 minutes for the full 10K. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, let's look at what happened last month.

April stats:

Running (miles):  87.3
Races: 0
Cross-training (sessions): 12

No, that's not what was on the schedule (I was planning for more miles) but that's OK. I'm still battling an injury and had to scrap a few runs but, overall, I feel good about how I ran last month.

My hope is that my slowly increasing mileage and longer long runs will mean a decent time in my half-marathon at the end of May. Because, yup, May is race month!! Woo-hoo!

I have about a week left of training before I start my taper for the half-marathon. I'd like this last week to be strong, starting with tomorrow's race.

Now, I'm off to enjoy the weekend. Hope yours is a good one!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...