Friday, September 26, 2008

Yum!

And now, for your Friday, I present . . . food!

I've been mixing it up around here, trying new foods and new recipes, all in an effort to eat a wider, more healthy variety of foods. Weekends are a great time to try out new recipes, since most of us have a little more time then. So, here's the first of what I'd like to make a weekly habit: Friday Yummies!

Couscous Salad*

1-1/2 c. couscous
1-1/2 c. boiling water
1/2 c. fat-free plain yogurt
1/4 c. olive oil
2 tsps. white vinegar
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground pepper
1/2 c. grated carrots
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. slivered almonds
2 scallions, thinly sliced

Pour couscous in a bowl and pour water over it. Cover and allow couscous to soak for about 5 minutes.

Whisk (important! Use a whisk!) together the yogurt, olive oil, curry, salt and pepper until slightly emulsified. Fluff couscous with a fork. Pour yogurt sauce over couscous and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix again. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve cool or at room temperature -- I prefer it at room temp.

Enjoy!

*Adapted from The Barefoot Contessa.

11 comments:

Mark Salinas said...

Ok this one has been printed out! Have a great weekend and thanks for the recipe!

tfh said...

Ooh, this one looks easy enough that I might just have the energy to make it tonight. Incidentally, I love the word "whisk."

Marcy said...

Hmmmmm doesn't sound too bad. I might have to try this baby out. Thanks chica!

Roisin said...

I hope I don't sound too much like the LOL Cats when I say...Nom Nom Nom!!!

*aron* said...

YUM! good idea - i love trying out new recipes when i have the time!

The Happy Runner said...

This one really IS easy!
And, it tastes even better the next day. So, make it for dinner one night and lunch the next.

carla said...

note to self:

buy a whisk.

Vava said...

My boys love couscous, though I might have to leave out the scallions. Is that a big deal to the recipe? Thanks!

The Happy Runner said...

Just leave them out -- I've made this dish when I haven't had any scallions on hand and it is still good :-)

laura said...

What a great way to do a healthier pasta-ish side dish!
laura at eatingwellanywhere

sasa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...