- After canceling my post-Race for the Cure races, I'm going to get back into racing this month. Way to pick winter to start anew, huh? Yeah, that's me. We'll see what happens. But, right now, I'm looking at the Albany Winterfest 5K on 12/19. But I might run a 3-miler the weekend before. Both races look fun so it will probably come down to which day has better weather. (Note to local peeps: I recently wrote about upcoming races here.)
- I didn't finish my book reviews so those aren't going to be posted until next week. :-(
- Although today is a gorgeous, sunny day, we're supposed to get our first real snow tomorrow -- a slushy mix of up to an inch. Yuck! But, other than the forecast for snow, the weekend should be decent and I'm looking forward to some good runs and kid-centric fun at a train expo.
- I'm sending good luck vibes to everyone racing this weekend -- especially those marathoners tackling CIM, Vegas, Memphis & Santa Barbara! Yay -- have a great time!
- And last but SO NOT LEAST! Today begins my month-long Cans for Comments campaign. Each Friday during December, for every 5 comments left on the site, I'll donate a canned good to the Food Pantries for the Capital District. This organization is a coalition of 50 food pantries that serve the hungry in the Capital District (which is the greater Albany area in upstate New York). It's a wonderful organization that fills a huge need, one that seems to grow and grow. So, show me some love and help increase my donation! At the end of the four Fridays, I'll give you a total of what I'm donating. Let's hope it is a lot :-))) Don't be shy! Feel free to just say hi, or ask me a question or let me know how you handle running in the snow. Or say anything else that you'd like to say!