Ah, the end of the year. A time for reflection. A time to look back and look ahead. Today, if you'll indulge me, I'll take a little look back at the year that was.
As of today, I've run 904 miles. Since I have one more run planned, I should end up with 909 miles for the year. That's a lot! Not a lot like Deena Kastor but a lot for the Happy Runner. I've been feeling good about my overall mileage and when I looked back at prior years, I've felt even better. Here's how the last few years have stacked up for me:
- 2008: 500.52 (didn't run in Jan/Feb)
- 2007: 210.88 (prego for half the year -- started running in July)
- 2006: 373.32 (started with the prego -- didn't run after Sept)
I'm not one for resolutions, per se. I do like setting goals, however, and I've been thinking about what my goals (beyond the 1010) will be for next year. I'll post about those early in Jan. Since this is the "look back" post, here is what I wrote down as my 2009 goals:
- Run a sub-23 minute 5k. Nope. Didn't happen. It caused me some sadness that I couldn't accomplish this goal but I'm over it. I may even set this as a 2010 goal.
- Do some trail running. Unfortunately, this didn't happen, either.
- Continue cross training. Yay! I did this! I was much more consistent with cross training this year.
- Decide whether or not to run a fall marathon. I did this -- I decided not to run a fall marathon. Why did I make deciding a goal? That's weird . . .
I continue to be grateful that I have the wherewithal to get out there and run. I love it!
Now. I have some New Year's Eve plans to attend to. So, I'm outta here!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone! I hope you all have fun and enjoy good health and lots of happiness in 2010!