Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Case of the crazies.

Apparently, being pregnant makes one slightly crazy.

In my case, I should have known. I've been preggo before but I suppose that the first time I was too busy with all those first time things that I didn't pay attention to the crazies. This time? This time I see what's going on. Oh, yeah. I do. But, that doesn't mean I stop it. Oh, no. Instead, I let my craziness run free by filling my freezer with many weeks worth of casseroles for after the baby is born. Because I guess Conal, Owen and I are going to have huge post-baby appetites . . .

Stocking up on the expensive baby wipes. Hey, they're chlorine-free and I got a good deal . . .

Crying at commercials. Eh, that's normal . . .

And Josh Ritter songs. Eh, probably normal too . . .

And Pearl Jam songs. OK, that's a little weird . . .

Repeatedly going through my closets, cleaning them out and donating my no longer wanted/needed clothes to Goodwill. And doing the same with my kitchen cabinets. And my pantry. And my bathroom cabinets. And the basement. And pretty much any place I can get my hands on. That's not nesting. That's weeding . . .

Then going out and stocking up on granola bars and Craisins. Because, again, I guess we're all going to have huge appetites and when we do, we're going to want to eat dried berries and grains . . .

Obsessing about Miki Gorman's stellar 1975 when she gave birth in January and then placed second in the NYC marathon in November. And she was 40! Like me! But probably in better shape . . .

And then obsessing a little more over the fact that Gorman went on to win NYC at age 41 and 42. And, oh yeah. She won Boston when she was 42 also. So what's my excuse?*

There are no doubt other examples but I'm sure you get the gist. It's craziness. And it will continue to be all crazy, all the time for a good month or two. So, that's where I am. Crazyville.

But! I'm also in week 36, which means I am getting close for real. For real! For really real!

Yikes.

Until then, I'm keeping up with the crazies. I ran again on Sunday -- same little 3.1 mile loop that I do. It's comforting, that loop. And I love that I'm still able to run it, without too much walking. Of course, I can't run two days in a row but if I get enough rest I'm A-OK with running every other day. Which means that I'm up for a run today. Lucky me!

Enjoy the week, everyone!

~ Felice


* Fear not, dear Reader. I have no delusions of winning a marathon. But I do think I could get a wee bit faster.

12 comments:

Diana said...

Good to know what's coming up in @ 17 weeks for me :) I asked my husband if being pregnant is making me crazy, and he said without a skipped beat "YES". lol. I should tell him just wait then? :)

Running at 36 weeks. Impressive! Way to go momma!

Tricia said...

AMAZING that youre still running

ihaverun said...

At least it's the preggo crazies and you know they will pass! I loved having an excuse to be a little crazy. Great job on the running. You are superwoman! Even if you will never win a marathon.

Jen said...

Oh my goodness... you are too funny. I think I was reading as fast as you were "talking". Weeding/nesting, its all the same, isn't it!!! Enjoy your little 3.1 mile loop!!

mommaof3ontherun said...

I got more and more crazy with each pregnancy too. Won't be doing it again after #3...I was certifiable, LOL!

J said...

You are too funny!! Week 36 already! Wow!

Unknown said...

I think if you set your mind to win a marathon you can totally do it! Especially after loading up on grains and craisons ;)

Laura said...

Hmmmmm....sounds like nesting to me! :)

Abby said...

Josh Ritter gets me, too :)

Coachhrd said...

A good friend of mine finished the Boston Marathon while she was five months pregnant. You'll be fine.

Joanne said...

You can enjoy the "crazies" now because soon, very soon, you won't have time for crazy.

Good running!

Fruit Fly said...

If you get bored and would like to do some of that "weeding" around my closets feel free to come on over!
~RR

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...