Thursday, January 6, 2011

Registered and ready to go!

Dear Felice,
Congratulations! You are a confirmed registrant for the 13.1 New York City Marathon and 5K on Saturday, April 2, 2011.13.1 start: 9:13AM


Wahoo!!!!!!

That's right, all. I'm running the 13.1 NYC marathon!






Who, after all, can resist a race that boasts a John Travolta-esque silhouette in its logo? Not me, that's for sure! Stayin' alive . . . stayin' alive . . . 


This race looks like it will be super fun! The race tagline is "Where the party meets the pavement" and the description sounds pretty good:
Balmy New York weather and a great course provide the perfect spring time race for all runners. With great views in Flushing Meadows park, a disco dance bash at the finish line party, and the Karhu 5K, 13.1® New York is the premier running event for 2011! 
This could totally be me come April 2nd:



Yeah! Get down, get down . . . 


But first, I need to get training! Training starts on Monday. I have a 12 week plan that I put together based on a few different plans that I tweaked and re-tweaked. It factors in my lifestyle as it is right now -- my age, my lack of sleep, all that.

If you're interested, this is what I've come up with:

(click on it to make it larger)

I'm mostly satisfied with the plan, although I know I'm going to have to fight the urge to add in a fifth running day. We'll see how that works out.

In the meantime, I promised you a challenge, did I not? And that challenge has a little something to do with this race :-) I'll post the details tomorrow . . . get ready!

~ Felice

19 comments:

Carlee said...

Woo Hoo; I'm excpecting an even better costume though. You can out-costume a disco ball.

Bridget said...

Can't wait for the challenge and can't wait for the half marathon!!

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

The race sounds awesome! Are you going to wear anything costumy?

J said...

Your training plan looks awesome! So exciting you are running the NYC half!!

ShutUpandRun said...

Oh yeah. I think you should wear that white suit that John wore in the movie while you run.

Doctor Blondie said...

YAY!

Giulia Jones said...

Congrats! Looks like to be a fun race. Who could resist NY!!

{will run for margaritas} said...

Awesome, this sounds like such a fun race! I like the Disco themed party at the end - PLEASE wear a disco ball on your head (as pictured in the photograph above) :-) Good luck training, your training program sounds great!

Marlene said...

Yay, congrats!!! Good looking plan and what a fun race! Looking forward to seeing what this challenge is all about.

Julie D said...

Yay! Glad you got in. I want to do the full one day... too bad they are SO popular.

Suzy said...

See ya there!! It's going to be a great one.

Jen Feeny said...

w00T!!! Congrats girl! So exciting!

Unknown said...

Disco runner!

Fruit Fly said...

That is too freaking awesome!!

justme said...

wahooo...since when has it been a lottery ? is it still 2 loops in the park ?

Amanda@runninghood said...

Too cool! I want to run in NY one of these days! Congrats on being registered. How old is your baby now? You Go girl!

Joanne said...

How exciting! Good for you. It'll be a GREAT race.

Unknown said...

Fun! Hope you've got your disco-running gear ready.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Dawn said...

The race sounds awesome! Are you going to wear anything costumy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...