Monday, July 22, 2013

Really running.

No fake stuff here. Last week I was really running -- stretching my mileage to include a 6-miler with friends.

It was terrific.

Check out the post-run smiles:

Karyn, Bridget and me after my 6 mile run -- my longest run since April!
It was so good to be back out running along the Hudson River. And 6 miles? Hey, that's no joke when you've been nursing an injury since the spring. The best part is that those 6 miles were pain free. Brilliant!

I only managed three runs for the week but they were quality runs. (Quality runs! Man, it feels good to write that . . .)

So far, this return-to-running thing is going well. I'm still icing and taking extra rest. I'm also seeing a chiropractor twice a week and I've been researching and talking to this chiropractor about having the Graston Technique done on my hip/thigh/hamstring. I think it could be very beneficial to me. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, I'm still grappling with my marathon/no marathon decision. I looked into the deferment policy a little more and I can fairly easily defer my registration to next year. I can also try to switch to the half marathon. With that additional option that I didn't know I had, I'm feeling more undecided than ever!

Well, that's not true. I've decided I am not running the marathon this October. I'll either defer completely to 2014 or try to switch to the half.

Decisions, decisions . . .

Since I've taken the marathon out of the equation, I do have a little more time to make my decision. So, I figure I'll procrastinate on that one for a little while!

I have four runs in mind for this week, including another 6 or maybe even 7 miles on Saturday. Woo hoo!

Have a great week, everyone. Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're back in action, Felice!

My wife deferred her 2012 Houston marathon to 2013 after she suffered IT-band issues. Even in 2013 she had to switch to the half. She was frustrated and felt like she was letting herself down, but then she ran her PR for the half.

Whatever you decide, don't let it discourage you that you're missing out on the marathon this year!

Best,
Ryan @ BSX

Michele said...

I am "injured" too and I couldn't believe how great it felt to go out for even a 1 mile run yesterday. I'm sure a 6 mile run felt like you were really accomplishing something! Congrats at getting back to it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...