Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Helloooooo, taper!

Saturday was my last long run before the Run to Remember half marathon in Boston later this month.

It was an odd run. Not my greatest run but, believe me, not my worst. It was, however, a run that made me feel like I am ready for the race.

I got up ridiculously early in order to meet Janis and Bridget and start our run at 6:30. It was warm and humid. Then it started to rain a little. We ran 3 miles, complained about the crummy weather, then circled back to Janis' car and changed some of our gear.

Then we met up with Elisa for 9-10 more miles.

It continued to be warm. And humid. And to start-and-stop with the rain.

At mile 8, I had to run off by myself. It was just one of those runs. My feet were hurting and I felt like I needed to run faster to give them a bit of a break. Weird, I know. But that's just the way it is.

I ran the next 4 miles by myself and felt so strong! After running the 12 miles, I turned and met up with Elisa and Janis and then ran on to finish up with Bridget. In all, I ran 13 miles:


13 miles at a 9:30 pace. I'll take it.

Now, I am relishing my taper! On Sunday I ran and easy 4.5 miles with a new running friend (who lives right in my neighborhood -- lucky me!!) and today I ran another easy 4.5 miles by myself. This weekend I'll run a short long run (6 miles? 8 miles?) and take it easy. At some point, I'll figure out exactly what my race plan is (I have some thoughts but I'm not there yet).

Until then, I'll enjoy my taper.

Have a great week, everyone!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...