A lot on my to-do list today:
- Last minute shopping . . . check!
- Wrap gifts . . . check!
- Consume multiple (bite size) Heath bars while scrambling to meet a deadline as screaming, teething toddler refuses to play independently . . . check!
- Consider crying when toddler drops and breaks some fine china but decide that, since you are on the phone with a client, that would be utterly unprofessional . . . check!
- Drink twice the normal amount of coffee because being over-sugared just isn't enough . . . check!
- Go online and realize that there are many crazy people out there . . . check!
- Fear that you are probably one of them . . . check!
- Decide that #7 (above) is not necessarily true but simply a result of being off-the-wall due to #5 (above) . . . check!
- Shake head and note that the repetitive use of (above) in to-do list more than likely confirms that #7 (above) is indeed true, regardless of feeble attempt in #8 (above) to justify actions . . . check!
- Make dinner that toddler, described in #3 (above), refuses to eat . . . check!
- Determine that a big dish of Peanut Butter Pandemonium premium (i.e., full-on full-fat) ice cream is the answer to whatever the question was . . . check!
And, if you were wondering, the PBP was the right answer. As ice cream often is.