Yes, now I will have that song in my head all day, too. You're welcome.
Dreamer. I am one. And thanks to the theme at Runners' Lounge Take it and Run Thursday today, I will unveil some of my running dreams. You already know I like to daydream while I run and I have to admit that many of those dreams involve running. Running while daydreaming about running . . . almost as geeky as doing long division.
My running dreams are not lofty: I don't think I'll be competing in London in 2012 or heading to Kona any time soon. But they are my dreams. I sometimes picture myself with all the free time in the world, training for a big marathon that I will finish in a time that gets me in to Boston. With minutes to spare. And then running Boston and finishing in an even better time. (That would be huge for me. I ran my first and only marathon in 4:12.) Or I'll imagine myself completing a triathlon. (Again, huge for me. I neither swim nor bike.) Some days, when I'm feeling particularly dreamy, I'll see a fitter (and, as it would happen, older) me running across the finish line of 5ks, 10ks, marathons setting PR after PR.
OK, I guess those dreams are pretty lofty. But I have a few others that are a bit more realistic, too.
So here they are, my running dreams:
- Running, injury-free, well into my healthy 80s (or, if I am lucky, 90s).
- Inspiring my son to enjoy running as much as I do.
- Emerging as an awesome masters runner (when the time comes).
- Running a marathon in under 4 hours.
- Coaching a running group for women who've been released from incarceration and are living in transition.
- Running a 5K in under 23 minutes.
- Continuing to fall in love with running, year after year.
Happy dreaming, everyone!