Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ice-o-rama.

It's ice everywhere. That and downed trees causing power outages all around.

It's pretty, though:



And my little guy enjoys playing in the icy, sunny great outdoors:

No pics of him actually outside. But he was on his way, take my word for it. And, yes, that is his mitten falling to the floor. He can't keep them on. I've given up.

I feel extremely lucky that we didn't lose power at all. Many people lost power late Thursday night or early Friday morning and are still out. My parents were told their power won't be back on until Wednesday. No fun.

Since we haven't lost power, I was able to workout with Jillian Michaels and shred it up. Yep, still shredding. I also got in 5 miles last night and my foot felt relatively OK. I followed up with the toe exercises that I prescribed for myself after surfing many bunion and foot related web sites. Today, my toe feels naggingly painful now and then but nothing terrible. In other words, status quo.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

13 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

nice action shot of the glove falling! :D the pics of the ice and snow are pretty, but happy you were fortunate enough to not lose power! sending positive vibes for continued recovery on the foot!

E said...

Glad you weren't affected by the power loss. Love the pics - very pretty!

joyRuN said...

Looks gorgeous out there! And little man looks super-ready to get out & play play play :)

Marci said...

what a cutie!looks pretty but be careful running!

J said...

Pretty pictures! The little guy look so cute all bundled up! Glad your toe feels a little better! I hope the exercises help.

RunToTheFinish said...

too adorable! we have the nasty weather headed our way tonight, so let's hope we have power tomorrow!

Gotta Run..... said...

Cutie Pie!! Kids love any kind of cold weather. Frozen hands and all :)

hope you continue to keep your power.

Jillian is my hero. I would SO pick her it is were between her and Bob.. Love them both but she has the aggressive approach that I love. :)

Marcy said...

Wasn't it crazy? We had power off and on but they got us fixed right quick. I feel awful for those people who had to spend the night without heat.

Aron said...

brrrrr!!!

he is soo cute :)

RunnerMom said...

Our city was crippled for a week by an ice storm about 13 years ago. Everyone in the city lost power except my one building in my apartment complex. We felt exceptionally blessed to have lights, heat, etc. I'm glad you kept yours!

BeachRunner said...

Great pics and glad to hear you made it through the storm. Sorry I am so late to reply. Hope you are doing well.

Diana said...

That looks so gorgeous! I miss snow storms - we used to bundle up inside and decorate the tree or read books or watch old movies! OR - sledding & snowmobiling - so fun!

Chic Runner said...

These pictures are so amazing, but make me incredibly cold just looking at them! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...