Friday, July 16, 2010

Five Things Friday, ep. 25.

1. Gloating, gloating: I was completely honored to be this week's Follow This Mother! on the Run Like A Mother site. (Check out the book-- it's great!) Welcome, welcome to all of you who found my blog through RLAM! I've gotten several really kind comments and emails based on that post and I do appreciate them :-)

2. Went for a great run last night with a friend. We started out around 8:2o because it has just been so hot during the day. And, of course, it was still hot when we were out there but at least it had cooled a little. We managed 3.1 hot, sweaty, chatty miles before calling it a run.

3. I seem to still be in vacation mode because when I went to get my hair cut and highlighted on Wednesday, I had my hairdresser turn up the blonde. Who do I think I am? A sun-kissed blondie, apparently. But, honestly, I love it. I feel all kinds of summery and bright and, who knows, maybe it distracts from my expanding girth.

4. I posted a review of Somnio running shoes over at my other site.

5. This weekend looks to be another hot one. We have a busy day planned for today and then a family birthday party tomorrow (at a house with a pool!) and a baseball game with friends on Sunday. And I'm hoping for another run tonight and Sunday.

Hope you all have a great weekend! And if you are racing -- good luck!

~ Felice

11 comments:

J said...

I saw the post about you in RLAM! It was great! Hope you have a great weekend and have some great runs too!

Diana said...

Awesome about the post on RLAM :)
Have fun this weekend at the pool!

Lisa said...

Have a great weekend! Hopefully you'll find a little time to relax in the middle of all the activity!

Tricia said...

have a great weekend!

ajh said...

Enjoy the pool!

Anonymous said...

great RLAM post... way to go!

misszippy said...

Congrats on your RLAM post! Woohoo!

Candice @ I Have Run said...

You deserve to gloat! Every time I read your blog, I think how perfect your title is. Have a great weekend! (And we'd love to see a pic of the new hair!!)

Denise said...

gloat away! i would too if i were you!

Phoebe said...

Found you through RLAM. You ALMOST make me wanna have another baby just so I can try running through it. Ummm, nahhh...
Ran Hudson-Mohawk marathon last fall.... guessing you were somewhere nearby! Look forward to seeing how everything goes for you.

onelittletrigirl said...

I don't know much about RLAM but I DO know you deserve to honored! I have been following you almost from the beginning and I think you are wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...