Thursday, July 8, 2010

Quick update.

Super busy with catching up this week so this will be a really quick one.

First, I have to share my relief that Conal does not have peanut allergies. He'd been showing some signs of a potential allergy so I had him tested yesterday and the test came back negative. I was beyond worried about that peanut allergies can be life-threatening and a total headache. So, phew!

Second, check out some of my reviews and giveaways that I recently posted at my other site. You can enter to win a $100 Visa gift card on my Crystal Light Pure Fitness post and three Uncle Ben's brown rice coupons on my review post. I'll be posting a few other reviews in the upcoming days including Somnio running shoes, Shamrock Farms Rockin' Refuel and Scape sunscreen. Stay tuned and check back!

OK, I'm off. Have a great Thursday!

~ Felice

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

i hope conal is truly peanut-safe! i have a nut allergy, and it is no fun.

i must, however, play devils advocate for a sec... i often hear/read that allergy tests aren't always 100% accurate. i am assuming you had the standard skin-prick test, did they also run a blood test? (they did that for me to kind of "confirm" the skin-prick test). just keep an eye on him regardless - better to be safe than sorry! and of course, hopefully he was just being finicky for a few days and is allergy free. allergies suck!

Felice Devine said...

Thanks, Lindsay -- you're right. He had the prick test and he had no reactions so they are following up with the blood test, just to be sure. Conal's main symptom was hives around his mouth, which he got after having a PB&J. He's had the same reaction when he's gotten tomatoes or lemon on his face. But, when it happened with the peanut butter I worried more. It may just be a contact sensitivity. I'll probably keep him away from peanuts for the most part, just because I don't want to invite a sensitivity to become an allergy. So far it seems like good news, though!

Unknown said...

It's so tough for kids to deal with Pnut allergies so I'm going to think positively for you!! Nice news.

Marlene said...

Thank GOODNESS for no peanut allergy!

joyRuN said...

Yeay for no peanut allergy! It's amazing how much little it can take to trigger a full blown reaction.

Unknown said...

that's good news. peanut allergies are no joke.

The Laminator said...

Glad that Conal doesn't have a peanut allergy because if one day he should decide to be an ultrarunner, it would suck if he can't have peanut butter. Hehe :)

Anonymous said...

[color=#d52a33]Great post! thank you for sharing this information. thehappyrunner.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#d52a33]bookmarked... Keep up the great site...[/color]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...