Monday, November 15, 2010

Darn foot.

November is halfway over and I've already logged more miles than I did in October and in September! In September I ran 21.9 miles and I followed that with 21.4 in October. So far this month, I've run 28.9 free and easy miles! Yay!

Although, as I stand here typing, I'm reminded of the one thing that should temper my excitement: That little twinge in my right foot. Specifically, the ball of my big to and the arch area. Oh, that darn foot . . . it's the one with the bum toe(s) and the one that likes to cause problems now and then. I'm really hoping that now is not one of those times.

If it is, though, I'll have no one to blame but myself. See, as I've eased back into running, I started by running one day and taking two off. Then I went to taking one day off. Then, this weekend was 100% perfect running weather. Seriously. We're talking shorts and t-shirt weather.

So, I ran. Both days. After a speedy 5.1 miler on Thursday, I took Friday off. On Saturday, I went out for an easy 4 miler and had all intentions of calling it a week. But, well, then Sunday came around and it was sunny and warm and, you know, it's November after all and we don't get many sunny warm days in November. So . . . I ran again. Just 3 miles. Easy-peasy.

But now I've got the foot thing. There's a chance that my foot hurts because I squeezed into a pair of fancy shoes for my sister-in-law's baby shower on Saturday (grr . . . pregnancy caused my feet to expand!). I'm hoping that's all it is. I'm hoping it isn't from running. Because that would be a big bummer.

Whatever the cause, I'm not running today and, if the pain persists, I'll take tomorrow off, too. I'd rather a few extra days of not running than a prolonged injury!

I hope you all had a great weekend! It was beautiful here in upstate New York. Love the warm days in autumn!


~ Felice

12 comments:

Marlene said...

Glad you were able to enjoy the AMAZING weekend weather. I hope the foot is okay after a little rest!

Denise said...

hope there's nothing wrong and the foot just needs some RnR.

Unknown said...

It is so good to hear you are running and enjoying it :) I am hoping for the best with your foot.

Enjoy the autumn weather, in San Diego we get none of it.

akjenniekt said...

great job on the mileage:)! I hope your foot is alright- my feet always hurt after "fancy" shoes so hopefully that's all it is

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

oh no!! I Hope the pain in your foot goes away and it was indeed those cute little shoes!! :)
Zaneta
http://zanetaruns.blogspot.com

Karen Seal said...

So sorry to hear about your foot! That's no good at all! Hope it heals up soon! :0)

J said...

Hope your foot is feeling better! It was perfect this weekend for outdoor running! Glad you got out!

Jill said...

Awk! I've had pain on my heel for the past 8 months - so I can relate to the frustration. Hoping it settles down soon and your back out there cranking up the miles!

RunToTheFinish said...

not sure much frustrates me more than a perfect day for running where I'm not! Hope it was just the heels

Rich Poley said...

give your feet a treat try a running massage on tennis balls, here's a video that shows you how: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krhMsqM-QA0

Aimee said...

Interesting. My 3 year old son looked at the same cover and got a goofy grin on his face and said "pretty woman." He says the same thign when he sees a Victoria's Secret catalog. I didn't know what to think.

marmot ski said...

that was a great post! More power!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...