Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My funky Skechers (review)

All summer, I walk around in flip flops. Sometimes I wear my Birkenstocks sandals but I try not to wear them too often because they make me feel all hippy-dippy.

Now that it is fall and the colder weather has settled in, I've been wearing some pretty funky Skechers. Check them out:


They're cute, right? Black, so they don't stand out too much with jeans. But -- and here's the funky part -- they have pink soles. Pink! Just the little bit of flair I need. And a far cry from my hippy-dippy Birkenstocks!

I was sent these Skechers (the SRT-ProTR) to review. They are billed as a SmartShoe with a mid-foot strike, designed to help runners and other exercisers land in a more natural position. The idea is that if you do that, you get more energy back in your legs from the impact of each step.

Sounds good, but did it work for me?

Well, let me tell you. I've had foot and toe problem after foot and toe problem. So, I'm gun-shy. Or, more accurately, shoe-shy. But, I agreed to try out the Skechers and so I did. I wore them on my treadmill runs so I could easily stop and change shoes if they hurt my feet.

They did not. They did, however, make my calves super-tired. I felt like I was working those calf muscles in a much different way than I normally do. Running, I was landing right under my body, so my stride was shorter and the different stride took a little getting used to.

I don't think I would wear these running shoes for most of my runs. At least not right now. I'm too scared to shake things up too much so I'll stick to my regular running shoes.

For cross training and getting out-and-about, though, I love the Skechers. I've worn them for several different workouts and like the way they make my legs work a little extra hard. I've also worn the shoes tons of times while doing my day-to-day activities. The shoes are comfy and stylish. Love the funky Skechers!

The Skechers SRT Pro-TR shoes retail for $80.00 on the web site.

Have you tried these shoes, or any of the other fitness Skechers? 


Thanks to Skechers for letting me try their new shoes! They are keepers in my book.

Have a great day, everyone!

~Felice


Review disclaimer: I was sent a pair of Skechers to review. I was not otherwise compensated and the opinions expressed are entirely my own. You can read my full disclosure policy here.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...