Monday, October 3, 2011

Recovery week and September recap.

After setting a new PR in the half marathon last Sunday, I took it easy and had a good recovery week. I ran 2.2 miles on Monday, 2.5 on Wednesday, 3.1 on Friday, and 4.8 on Sunday for a whopping 12.5 miles for the week. I also did two cross training sessions and went for a massage. Lucky me!

My runs felt fine, especially yesterday's run, and I think my body has recovered quite nicely from the half.

It has not, however, recovered so well from the Lyme disease. I completed my treatment 2+ weeks ago, but my Lyme disease appears to be back -- with a vengeance. So, that's fun. Or not.

The Lyme disease was one reason my September mileage was lower than I had planned and it will probably be a reason why October may end up being low, too. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, here's how September ended up:

September stats:


Running: 74.8
Racing: 1 -- the half marathon!
Out of town runs: 1 on Long Island
Cross training: 8

As Owen said, I didn't set out to run a million miles in September, I set out to run a strong half marathon. So what if my mileage was down?

Welcome, October! Hope you all had a great weekend.

~ Felice

8 comments:

Unknown said...

total bummer about the lyme disease.

Darlene said...

Just think of how fast you would have been! Too bad about the Lyme diease. What are your symptoms? My husband had it this summer. Anxious to hear about your next long race. Marathon?

Marlene said...

Sounds like the perfect recovery week to me, and a great month!

Anna Elder said...

so sorry about the lyme disease. that can be really hard to deal with. i think it's impressive that you didn't let it get in the way of running. so many people would have just given up. any running is a great job! congrats on the half marathon.

RunToTheFinish said...

i love crazy runners, for most people an easy week means no runs :) hehe, but glad you were able to.

sorry about the lyme disease I know it is a tough one, but so are you!

macnic said...

Hope you feel better soon. September looks like a good month to me - PB sounds perfect!

J said...

That stinks about the Lyme disease. You still had a great month of September!

Molly said...

ugh, sorry about the lyme disease. But congrats on your PR!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...