. . . means:
- 12 miles in 21 degree weather that feels like 5 degrees, thanks to Mr. Wind Chill.
- Layers: Sock layers. Legging layers. Pant layers. Shirt layers. Jacket layers. Glove layers. Mitten layers. Layers.
- Lots of laundry (see above).
- Frozen water bottles.
- Frozen gels.
- Frozen nose.
- Hot showers. Long hot showers.
- Becoming friends with the treadmill.
- Excitement when the forecast is for "sunny and 30 degrees."
- Outta-hand excitement when the temp is 40+.
- Happy dreams and scary nightmares about what the 26.2 on May 6th might bring.
Winter marathon training. It. Is. On.
Have a great week!