1. Post-marathon running is really going well. Two 3 milers earlier this week and then a great 5 miler this morning. I plan to go for an 8-10 mile run on Sunday.
2. The boys are getting into the action, too. We've been racing in the driveway and, I'm a little sad to say, my almost-5-year-old really gives me a run for my money. He's pretty much as fast as I am. No lie.
3. Want to win a super cool Endorphin Warrior training bracelet? Check out Running Jennie's blog and enter her giveaway! You can find it HERE.
4. Garden season is in full-effect. Owen does all the vegetable planting and planning with the boys; I stick to the fun stuff like harvesting and, this year, garden decorating.
We've been painting garden rocks, to identify the plants. And, yes, make things a little prettier.
The rocks were easy to make and lots of fun. We just grabbed up some rocks from the yard, washed them off, let them dry overnight and then got busy. Then, I did the writing and my little guy painted the vegetables and added some extra flair to the rocks. After we painted them, I put three coats of varnish on top, to protect the paint from the weather.
I love how they turned out!
5. Have a great weekend, everyone! Many of my running pals have races this weekend so I have to wish them fleet feet -- run strong, ladies! Good luck to everyone else racing, too!