Thursday, July 19, 2012

Groundhog Day.

I'm waiting for Bill Murray to show up because, I swear, it is like Groundhog Day here in Happy Runner-ville.



First, I had the wicked blister at the Boilermaker that stopped me from running for 5 days. Then, yesterday, I tripped on an otherwise innocent Thomas the Tank Engine toy. I fell. Skinned my knee. And -- the worst part -- twisted my ankle. It was pretty sore so I skipped yesterday's scheduled run.

(Instead of the run, I did a crazy cross-fit workout: 6 push-ups, 12 sit-ups, 24 weighted, walking lunges (each leg). Five times. Do you know how much your legs will shake after doing all those lunges? A lot. The answer is, a lot.)

So, what does all this have to do with Groundhog Day?

Well, I was looking back at the last time I was set-back by Thomas. It was a week before my Schroon Lake half marathon (you can read all about it HERE). The Groundhog Day part? Five days before Thomas busted my toe, I was beset by a blister.

September 2011: Blister. Busted by Thomas.

July 2012: Blister. Busted by Thomas.

Groundhog Day.

I don't know. That's just weird.

Weirder still is the fact that when I developed the blister this year at the Boilermaker, I was convinced it was the first time I'd ever had such a bad blister. Apparently not. Apparently I block out all past injuries. Or maybe I just have a lousy memory.

Whatever it is, let's hope I break the cycle in 2013. No repeats!

Do you block out your past injuries? 
Have you every had any Groundhog Day-esque experiences?

Have a good day, everyone!

~ Felice



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...