Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Just run.

We were away this past weekend, enjoying the summer with family at Sacandaga Lake.


Fishing!

Playing!

Greedy ducks!
It was a great weekend that even involved two good runs.

The first was a quick 4-miler. The next was odd for me. About a quarter mile into my run, my Garmin died. Well, the battery ran out. No charge.

I'm not familiar with distances where we were so I had no way of knowing how far I was running. I did have my phone, though, so when my Garmin went dead I looked at the time on my phone and figured I'd look at the time when I was done, so I could have some sort of idea of time, at least.

I ran down one road to an intersection then turned around and ran to another. Then, back to the camp.

Checked the time: 54 minutes. Maybe a tad less.

No idea of distance.

Of course, being as weekly-mileage obsessed as I am, I tracked the distance when I got home. 6.2 miles. About 8:43 pace. Not bad for an unknown run.

Maybe I should run Garmin-free all the time!

Do you run faster when you just run? I think I might.

~ Felice

2 comments:

Goddess Librarian said...

I think I have a tendency to be garmin-obsessed while I run. I'll see my pace when I start out and think there's no way I'll keep it up & slow down when maybe i didn't need to. I'm too statistics-obsessed to run naked all the time, but I probably should force myself to do it every once in a while. If I ever start running again.

Anonymous said...

Yes, where is the best place to mine in Skyrim? The best place to mine in Skyrim is shown in this mining article designed to give you the best places to mine in Skyrim. 7) Then hit calculate. You need to modify the organization of the web, including cut it, burn it, or even place something inside.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...