Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July recap.

July was a strange month and, admittedly, I'm glad to be moving on to August.

My training didn't go as planned -- I had a tough race at the beginning of the month, followed by almost a full week off from running because of a blister. Then I couldn't find my groove. I had plenty of really good runs, but I also had some runs that -- while not exactly lousy runs -- were just a little off.

I'm sure it was all mental and turning the calendar page will probably be just the change I need to shift my mind-set.

Here is how July shaped up:

Running (miles): 94.1 (lowest mileage since last December)
Races: 1 -- the Boilermaker 
Cross training (sessions): lots -- at least two a week

I'm traveling a lot this month so I'll have to work to fit in my long runs and other workouts. But I know I can do it. I'm rededicating myself to my training this month -- my goal half marathon is 9 weeks away!

How was your July?


Thanks for stopping by!

~ Felice

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...