Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Still shaking.

Hey, hey! Well, it worked. I shook off the lousy run with an awesome speed workout yesterday. I felt fast. I felt strong. I felt like the lousy run was just an itty bitty blip on my running screen.

And today, I put that blip even farther out of my sights.

Today was cross training. And I loved it. Loooooved it. My workout? Pretty simple, yet effective.

I started with planks:

1 minute regular (center) plank
1 minute side plank (right side)
1 minute regular plank
1 minute side plank (left side)
1 minute regular plank

I did these with no rest in between, just holding 1 minute, switching, holding one minute . . . for a total of 5 minutes.

Then I hit the cardio part of the workout.

5 rounds, as fast as possible, of:

15 weighted walking lunges
60 jumping jacks

Yup. I was one sweaty mama at the end of the workout. And, like I said, I loved it.

Shaking it up works for me!

Do you do planks? I've become slightly addicted to them lately...

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Felice

6 comments:

RunJillyBean said...

I try to get planks in twice a week, but want to aim for 3-4 times per week. I love the shaky arms after the fact.

Happy Running Mama said...

I think I might try this workout while the kids are napping this afternoon! I love doing planks. They are so simple (notice I said "simple", not "easy") yet so effective. I always think I should do some while I'm watching TV...but then I never do!

Felice Devine said...

You're right -- simple but not easy :-)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good workout! I might try it out later. Hopefully by the end of it, I will be just as enthusiastic about planks as you are!

Jessica said...

Oh how I hate planks...but two weeks after having a baby I definitely need to add them into my routine.

You are a plank super star for doing five solid minutes!

Jessica said...

woops! That's two MONTHS post baby...not two weeks. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...