Thursday, July 17, 2014

Marathon training progress.

This is how we train for a marathon around here.


Old school training plans. Pen-and-paper style. (Graph paper, no less.)


Long runs. Slow-and-easy style. (With friends! The best way.)


Marathon pace runs. Solo style. (Overall pace of 8:38 -- right on target.)

This weekend I've got 14 miles on the schedule and they will be solo miles. I'm a wee bit nervous because 14 is the longest I've run in, well, in probably about a year. I didn't run anything over 13.2 in my half-marathon training this spring. I know I ran 14 once for my half-marathon training last fall, but that's it.

We'll see how this goes. If I take it slow and easy, I should be fine. Fingers crossed -- wish me luck!!!

Enjoy the rest of the week, everyone. And have a good weekend!


1 comment:

Amanda@runninghood said...

I love the old fashioned way of recording and planning training! Keeping it slow and steady is a smart plan. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...