Saturday, July 5, 2014

Ready . . . set . . . train!

After a low-mileage June, July has brought a big change: Marathon training!

I'm registered for the Mohawk-Hudson Marathon in October and training started in full-force yesterday with a solo 10-mile run.

It was a hilly, humid run but I managed to finish strong, with a 9:30 pace overall.




It was a little weird to be running alone, but also just what I needed. I recently started a doTerra essential oils business and my mind has been racing. I love the oils and love the opportunity -- but there is still so much to learn and I have all these plans and sometimes my head spins from it all. Out on the run, I was able to really clear my thoughts.

Runs like that are good for the ol' confidence. I feel like I am prepared to start marathon training now that I have 10 miles run and done.

As far as my schedule goes . . . it is a work-in-progress. I have all of my long runs mapped out but I still need to plan my speed work and fill-in the days for my easy runs and cross-training. I'll work that out over the next few days. No worries there.

Now, I'm off to enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend. I hope you're having a great one!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...