Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The outpouring.

Thank you all for your kind and supportive words on my last post. It was a hard decision to make but I am convinced it was the right one. I don't know why I was so nervous to post about it!

In other, random, news . . . poor Tom Renney, one of my favorite Canadians (although I am pretty fond of all those blogging Canadians!), was fired. I don't even know what the new guy sounds like. Harumpf! Rangers games have lost their luster.

A few of you have asked how my mom likes her Ab Rocket. She was into it right after the holiday but I haven't heard much about it since. Two months seems like an adequate amount of time to get a feel for the equipment so I'll try to wrangle a review from her.

I've become a big fan of Rudi's Organic Honey Sweet Whole Wheat bread. And not just because it rhymes, although that doesn't hurt.

I'm excited -- I mean, really excited -- about my 4-mile race on 3/7. It will be my first race since last fall and I'm excited. Did I mention that I'm excited?

Well, that's it. I'm grateful for your support!

19 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

looking forward to seeing how your mom's been liking that Ab Rocket!

The Laminator said...

I'm glad you found a race distance that you can get excited about. So what if it's a 4 miler instead of a marathon. It's definitely good to get excited about it. I hope the excitement carries over and you run well there.

Denise said...

The race will be perfect for you. A nice fun distance that you can kick butt in!

Diana said...

I hope your mom is still diggin the rocket! And, glad that you have a race to be excited about!

What's so great about the bread? I'm looking for some yummy bread that's healthy. Most of the healthy ones I've tried are almost bitter. Finally decided to do the oat nut instead of wheat for that reason!

Marlene said...

Mmm, that bread sounds good!

Us Canadians are fond of you too. :)

Felice Devine said...

Diana,

I think you would like this bread -- it is sweet and not at all bitter. It has a good texture, too. It doesn't fall apart but it is not too dense. It can be expensive but it is one of the brands that I will stock up on and freeze when it is on sale! I'm such a geek!

J said...

I am excited for your race too lol! Hopefully the the spring weather will have arrived by then!

BeachRunner said...

Yay for the race on 3/7. Way to go!! Just don't remind me again about the Rangers and their sad state of affairs.

Aileen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Janice {Run Far} said...

good luck in your race.

Anonymous said...

and THATS what it should be all about.

Miz.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic...keep the excitement going! It is contagious! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are excited about the race. I need to find one.

tfh said...

I'll have to look for the Rudi's. The Honey Sweet part sounds quite enticing to me. And yes, demand your mom reveal her abs to you. :)

X-Country2 said...

Good luck on your race. keep working on your mom for a review. Pics too!

RunToTheFinish said...

ohhhh the abbbb rocket, can't wait!!

ECrunnergirl said...

Glad you found a run to be pumped up about! That's the way to do it!! Good luck! Looking forward to the race report and the ab rocket review too :-))

I Run for Fun said...

Yay...races keep the spark alive. Glad you found a good one...now I need to find me one.

Aron said...

YAY see being excited is what its all about :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...