Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Running Me.

Right now, I'm a month away from the banner day of the half marathon. A month and about 60 miles. Maybe not even.

In other words . . . I haven't run much since crossing the line with a new half marathon PR.

Oh, that was such an awesome day!


I knew it was coming. And yet, well, I've been feeling a little like I'm letting Running Me down. Resting Me is perfectly happy, of course. So is Cross-training Me. But Running Me? I'm not so sure.

Running Me is sick and tired of having days and days go by without a run. Of having potential running time taken up with blood-work and mammograms, or ruined by really, really crummy weather. Of having the Most Frustrating Injury EVER continue to flare up each week.

Running Me just wants to freaking run already!

Running Me, let me tell you something: I'm getting there.

Yesterday, I ran with Bridget and it was great. Five miles. Some twists, some turns, some hills, lots of chit-chat. It was just what I needed. I was sick on Saturday and still feeling blah and a run with a good friend was the perfect tonic.

We ran easy but at a good pace and we talked about tons of different things and before I knew it, the run was over. So, of course, we stood around after the run, talking about more stuff. It was good to catch up, and great to run.

Running Me was totally happy.

Thanks for the run, BG!

Hope you all had a good weekend. Thanks for stopping by!










1 comment:

Brownie on weight loss said...

You're so brave to run after the injury! I haven't had the courage to do that YET! Good going :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...