Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March recap.

March started out pretty lame. My wonky hip area had been acting up since mid-February and I was fearful that I would have to take an extended break from running. As it was, I took the last week of February off, and only ran four times in the first 10 days of March.

Gradually, my injury has been getting better and I've been able to run more and more. Not without pain and not without worry, but definitely with hope.

And you know what else? Every run this past month was outside. Every. Single. Run. Outside.

What a joy.

Sure, the weather may not have been ideal, but I got in the miles and I didn't have to resort to the treadmill. Hooray! Oh, and, yeah . . . I ran my highest mileage since September. Take that, bum hip and nutso Mother Nature!

And, look. My long runs are getting longer:

12 miles on Saturday!


March stats:

Running (miles): 81.7
Racing: 1 -- The Runnin' of the Green (Island)
Cross-training: lots!

Not bad, right? A race, 80+ miles for the month . . . I'll take it. Now all I need is for this left leg to cooperate once and for all so I can really ramp-up for my half-marathon in May!

Happy April, everyone. Enjoy your week!




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...