Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Goal check.

I've been inspired by some other bloggers to review my running goals for this year. Since those goals are not too lofty, this should be quick.

But first, a little background.

After giving birth last June and having not run for my entire pregnancy, 2007 was a fairly inconsistent running year. I started running again at the end of July and I ran when I could. Which, with a newborn, was not as often as I would have liked, but I made it work. I ran one race (it was great!) and that gave me renewed energy for running.

And then we sold our house, bought a new one, moved, and winter set in. So -- with all that going on, my running again was inconsistent.

My running goals for 2008 were simple: To run consistently and to run in three races.

How am I doing? Well, I've been running consistently since mid-March and I have run in and completed two 5Ks. I have two more races on my schedule, so I think I'll meet my goals.

As the year has gone on and I've seen how my running has been progressing, I did set a new goal for myself: To run a sub-24 minute 5K. I'm so close! I finished my last two races in 24:16 and 24:15 -- so I know I can do it, I just have to put in the extra work to get there.

Once that is checked off the list, I'll have to set some new goals. I'm looking at a favorite 15k in October . . . could be the new goal.

3 comments:

carla said...

yay
new goal setting time.

methinks Ill join ya.

(not in the 15k though :))

MizFit

Marcy said...

Ahhhh finding time to run when you have kids is hard, especially when they're so young. Looks like you're right on plan ;-)

Andrew is getting fit said...

I have a 1 year old too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...