Thursday, July 17, 2008

Here's a recipe for you.

It's Thursday, which means I'm posting my Runners Lounge Take it and Run Thursday submission. Today's theme is Gimme Food!

So, herewith, I shall share a favorite recipe. Not a pre-run snack or a post-race meal. Just an every day snack. A healthy treat, you could say.

Sun-dried Tomato Dip*

1/3c. Sun-dried tomatoes
1 package Neufchatel (low-fat cream cheese) softened
3/4c. non-fat yogurt
1/4c. mayonnaise
3 scallions
Kosher salt, hot sauce, pepper -- to taste

Put all ingredients, except for the scallions, in a food processor and puree. Add scallions and pulse two or three times until well mixed. Serve with carrot sticks, celery, pepper sticks and multi-grain melba toasts.

YUMMY -- and low-fat!

*Based on the dip of the same name from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook -- I've altered it to make it low-fat.

6 comments:

Ovens2Betsy said...

Oh YUM! I'll have to steal, I mean, try this recipe :)

The Happy Runner said...

Steal away! It is soooo good!

Mark Salinas said...

Yummy and low fat...the best kind!
Thanks!

The Happy Runner said...

That's exactly it! And, it is usually a real hit at family parties.

carla said...

had to stop in and say that so many people have emailed me asking:

WHAT IS THIS PLEASE TO you keep using?!
I dont get it!


thanks for 'getting it'
:)

Miz.

ncrunner12 said...

Anything that taste good and is low fat is my kind of food. Sounds great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...