Thursday, July 17, 2008

Here's a recipe for you.

It's Thursday, which means I'm posting my Runners Lounge Take it and Run Thursday submission. Today's theme is Gimme Food!

So, herewith, I shall share a favorite recipe. Not a pre-run snack or a post-race meal. Just an every day snack. A healthy treat, you could say.

Sun-dried Tomato Dip*

1/3c. Sun-dried tomatoes
1 package Neufchatel (low-fat cream cheese) softened
3/4c. non-fat yogurt
1/4c. mayonnaise
3 scallions
Kosher salt, hot sauce, pepper -- to taste

Put all ingredients, except for the scallions, in a food processor and puree. Add scallions and pulse two or three times until well mixed. Serve with carrot sticks, celery, pepper sticks and multi-grain melba toasts.

YUMMY -- and low-fat!

*Based on the dip of the same name from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook -- I've altered it to make it low-fat.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh YUM! I'll have to steal, I mean, try this recipe :)

Felice Devine said...

Steal away! It is soooo good!

Mark Salinas said...

Yummy and low fat...the best kind!
Thanks!

Felice Devine said...

That's exactly it! And, it is usually a real hit at family parties.

carla said...

had to stop in and say that so many people have emailed me asking:

WHAT IS THIS PLEASE TO you keep using?!
I dont get it!


thanks for 'getting it'
:)

Miz.

ncrunner12 said...

Anything that taste good and is low fat is my kind of food. Sounds great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...