Friday, August 27, 2010

Five Things Friday, ep. 27.

1. As quickly as the flies descended, they disappeared. I have no idea what happened to them, where they went, why there were so many and now there are none. And, I don't care. I'm just glad they are gone. Yuck-o!

2. I had another really good run yesterday evening. Pretty much the same as Tuesday's run: 3.1 miles, about .5 of that walking, the rest running. Thankfully, my calves did not hurt. Unthankfully (?), my shins did. I am clearly altering my stride because of this baby belly and the effect is sore lower legs.

They aren't painful, painful and I don't believe I'll cause myself any injuries. They're just sore and feel heavy. Which, when I think about it, makes sense considering all the extra weight I'm carrying!

3. After a mostly rainy week, yesterday was clear and today is beautiful! Conal and I headed to a local playground this morning, where we ran into a neighbor and her 3-year old daughter. So, she and Conal had some fun together and I got to feel more of a part of my community.

4. I can't not write about how cool I think it is that Deena Kastor is preggo. Paula Radcliffe, Kara Goucher, now Deena. Go elite mamas! I love reading and hearing about their pregnancy running and I know that once I am on the road back after giving birth I'll be very, very interested in their routines. Not that I think mine will in any way be on the same level but I'm sure they'll help inspire me and maybe I can pick up a tip or two.

5. Something sinister has gotten into me and all I can think of are cupcakes and doughnuts and the like. So, today, post playground, Conal and I made a batch of doughnuts. Full-on, deep-fried, rolled in cinnamon and sugar doughnuts.

And, boy howdy, are they good!

Pile o' doughnuts!

Sure, I splattered some hot oil on my thumb and now have a big ol' burn on it but, what the heck? Those goodies are worth the burn! It will heal . . .

And on that fatty, carbo note I wish you all an awesome weekend!

~ Felice

15 comments:

Middle Name Marie said...

I have never made donuts...I bet they are way better fresh. I hate the store-bought ones

racing dawn said...

Mmmmmm. If only i lived in your neck of the woods... I'd be right over! But I bet you don't even have any leftovers. Do you think they ship well? That could be your next giveaway! :)

Andrew Opala said...

yummy!

Have a nice weekend!

Heather said...

Oh my! those donuts look and sound so good!!

Christa said...

I would love the recipe for that . My kids would think that was awesome (well,so would I).
runmommyrun4@gmail.com

I too love all the 'new' running mommies.

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmmmm donuts

Jen said...

Oh YUM!!!! Thats so cool you made those!!! I think we'll have to join you next time you make those! Now the question is, how many still remain in your house?!?! :)

Anonymous said...

yum those look so good!

ajh said...

Those doughnuts must be amazing!

ihaverun said...

I may need to run to Krispy Kreme now. Glad the runs are going well. Hope the legs adjust to the changes soon! Have a great weekend!

Jill said...

Those donuts look incredibe...yummy!! And wow, I didn't know Deena Kastor was pregnant - that is sooooo cool. Great job on your continued running :).

Laura said...

yum! and great job on the running!

Karen Seal said...

I'm excited for Deena, too!! Yummy those doughnuts look amazing!!!

Joanne @ mostlyfitmom said...

Those look so good! Congrats on the running. I'm pretty impressed, since all I could manage to do was waddle around. LOL

J said...

Those doughnuts looks SO good!! I could go for one right now!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...