Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday.

There are weeks when everything falls into place and then there are weeks when everything falls to pot.

Fortunately, this week has been neither extreme. Things are fine. And yet, I'm bummed. My running is coming to an end and for whatever reason, I'm having a tough time with that. I didn't think that having to stop running would feel so much like failure. What's with that?

I'll deal. To distract myself from my running fails, I'm taking a page from some other bloggers and doing a Thankful Thursday post. So, here's the numero uno thing that I am thankful for today: My happy-pants son.

People said that toddlers turn into difficult wild-men by 18-months and yet, I never saw that in Conal. Active? Sure. Difficult? Nah.

People warned me about the "terrible twos" and yet, with the exception of a tantrum here or there, they sailed by.

People have told me that "the threes are worse!" and yet, he's fun. He's happy. He makes me laugh and we have a great time together.

I'll knock on wood with that last one, considering he's only been three for two months. But, let me tell you: I am honestly thankful for such an overall happy little guy. Yesterday, for example, his nose started to run. I don't know if it is a cold or allergies or what -- doesn't matter. The way he dealt with it does. He rarely, if ever, has a runny nose. So, feeling some grossy-gross goop pouring out of his nose freaked him a little.

"My nose!" he said, pointing to it in all its grossness.

"Looks like you have a runny nose," I told him.

"Oh my GOSH! I have a runny nose!" he replied, smiling and letting me wipe it (thanks . . . ).

He runs around happy. Genuinely happy, laughing and making me laugh. He makes up games. He turns little things into big happy moments. He says, "yes" more often than, "no." I am super thankful for that! Super thankful to have a little boy who loves life and makes my main job easy.


I'm focusing on that right now. Focusing on how thankful I am for the great little boy that Conal is. And I am most definitely not going to focus on the running fail. At least not today!

What about you? What are you thankful for on this fine Thursday?

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Felice

21 comments:

Indi said...

How timely! Its been a week where everything has gone a bust!!
Its good to be reminded that we do need to be thankful for what we do have!
I'm thankful for wonderful friends who keep me falling apart completely!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are enjoying every moment with your happy son. They grow up too fast.

Marlene said...

You must have a house full of joy with your little guy. Can't wait to see what kind of fun the second one brings!

Diana said...

What a great post! And, congrats about having such a wonderful little one! Any tips? :)

Felice Devine said...

Diana -- I think I just got lucky!

Unknown said...

What a great little guy! Just wait until he has a sibling to help look after; his colours will certainly shine then!

Bridget said...

I am thankful for healthy kids!

Denise said...

he is such a cutie!!

i'm thankful today and every day for the health of my family...and kitties.

racing dawn said...

Thanks for the great post! I often get caught up in my running and need to look past it and remember how blessed I am! Great to have little toddlers around to remind us of that!

J said...

He is such a cute little boy and growing up so fast!! It does stink that your running is coming to an end but you will be back after you have that second beautiful little boy!

Aron said...

he is going to make SUCH a great big brother <3

Molly said...

Great photo! I'm thankful that my husband takes random day's off during the week, which means an outside run for me!

Molly said...

Great photo! I'm thankful that my husband takes random day's off during the week, which means an outside run for me!

NY Wolve said...

I am living through the terrible twos right now. My first was an angel. My second, well, let's just say she has a mind of her own. But they sure are cute!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Love it!!

Tonight as I was on the swing in the backyard I was thinking about how Thankful I am for my family. my home and the joy that life brings. Our kids are such a blessing and I know there are days when I am a grumpy lump when I get home, but I NEED To get out, to swing, to tickle, to read, to play... those are the nights I remember most and they will to

Abby said...

He must be so excited to have a new friend coming along!

Darlene said...

Great post. I wish I had seen it earlier. My post was whiney about the weather, not running, etc. I've met Conal and he's a doll. You are truly lucky and they say the 2nd one is easier :)

Lindsay said...

LOVE this. Yay Conal! He is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Всем привет!

Недавно перед мной встала задача, куда деть накопишиеся [b]европоддоны[/b], или еще их называют [b]Паллеты[/b],
[b]Поддоны[/b], [b]Европаллет[/b]ы Размеры 800*1200, 1000*1200- Это [u]Тара Пром назначения[/u].
Немного предистории.
Сам я тружусь кладовщиком на складе. Нам приходит много продукции на [b]Европоддонах[/b],
товар продаем а поддоны остаются, у нас встал вопрос куда их девать.
Раньше мы их сжигали.
Потом я узнал, что за поддоны можно получить деньги.
Начал обзванивать фирмы везде были цены дешевые,
потом друзья мне подсказали, что в Челябинске есть такая Компания "[b]Уралсклад[/b]",
около 10 лет на Рынке Промышленной Тары с хорошей репутацией.
Я нашел их сайт в интернет - [url=http://www.uralsklad.ru]www.uralsklad.ru[/url] и позвонил по тел. +7(351) 233-07-14.
Буквально через час подъехал их представитель, Авто с Логотипом "[url=http://www.uralsklad.ru]Поддоны Челябинск[/url]".
Цены закупочные оказались самые высокие в г. Челябинске.
Все цивилизовано грузчики загрузили [b]Паллеты[/b] ешё и лом поддонов купили, расчитались на месте наличными.
Про другие фирмы я узнавал либо Цены низкие, либо Бракуют много, да и денег от них не дождешься.

Так что если у вас завалялись [b]европоддоны[/b], не торопитесь их выбрасывать, лучше обменяйте их на деньги.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David

Anonymous said...

not so sure about that..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...