Thursday, August 19, 2010

That morning runner.

Don't worry, I'm not talking about me. I've tried and tried to be a morning runner but it has never worked. And now, having (mostly) stopped running, I'm certainly no morning runner.

Nope, I'm talking about the husband. He's taken to running almost every morning, through our 'hood while Conal and I are sleeping. And he does it just for fun. Good for him. I think it is awesome that he's running all the time, I really do. But can I tell you? I'm a little jealous!

Before, he ran during his lunch hour so although I knew he was running I didn't see it. Now that my mileage has decreased, I envy that he has these great morning runs. I'm totally happy for him but there is major part of me that can't wait until I'm back out there everyday, too. Of course, it won't be in the morning but, still.

Soon enough, soon enough . . .

Do you get jealous when your loved ones run when you can't? It's normal, right? It's gotta be!

Enjoy the rest of the week, everyone -- it's almost Friday! Woo hoo!

~ Felice

16 comments:

Aron said...

i would DEFINITELY be jealous too :) but good for him!

TNTcoach Ken said...

LOL..... Yes it is normal! Make sure that you don't get competitive.....

Abby said...

TOTALLY normal!

Abby said...

Or if it's not, I'm screwed up, too...

J said...

I would totally be jealous!! Glad he is running though!

Anonymous said...

It's totally normal! I get tiny pangs of jealousy every time I see someone running no matter what. Most especially if I'm driving.

Fruit Fly said...

I find that lately, any time I see anyone at all running, I am jealous. Even if I'm just heading home to switch into my shoes and run. I just find I always envy them for being out there enjoying themselves when I'm not.
I REALLY wish I could be a morning runner. I even slept in my running clothes last night so that I could just get up and go this morning. Yeah - totally did not happen!

misszippy said...

I totally get it! I remember one time that I was injured and my husband ran a 5k. It's not even his sport--how could he while I had to sit it out? ; )

Unknown said...

I completely get it! When I was injured last March my partner was sweet enough to not talk about the GREAT runs she had and cut back a little herself. It was sweet...and yes, I would be jealous otherwise.

Joanne @ mostlyfitmom said...

My husband isn't a runner right now, because he's a golfer in the summer. LOL However, when I couldn't run for 6 weeks due to injury, I was totally jealous that he was out there.

I'm slowly converting to morning runs/workouts, but only when it's necessary :)

Joanne said...

It would KILL me if Ted were running and I wasn't. I'm lucky though, because he rides his bike as much as I run. Bike riding is a real chore for me.

As for morning runs, there is no other time my body would do it. My energy is all early morning. There's nothing left after 12 noon.

kat said...

I can so understand, I would be jealous as well.

Unknown said...

oh yeah. during those 3 months that I was sidelined, my husband's weekend runs about KILLED ME emotionally

Jimmy @ Run, Jimmy, Run said...

Well, being that my wife is way too lazy to get off her duff and do anything even remotely resembling physical activity, I don't have a whole lot to be jealous about :)

Quix said...

Totally normal. It rarely happens, but sometimes Zliten will be running at the gym on an off day for me or a cross training day, and I just look over wistfully.

I am MUCH more comfortable running after work (when the weather allows), but that's not always in the cards (helllooo hot texas summer) so as long as I can get my butt out the door and going, I enjoy it. But it takes a lot to get out there...

zbsports said...

This is a very nice post, so informative and interesting. Thanks for sharing such a great post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...