Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Go, Nuttzo!

"This is what real food tastes like."

A wise man, to whom I happen to be married, said those words after eating NuttZo for the first time. And he wasn't wrong. He was, in fact, quite right.

We were trying out NuttZo Original Omega-3 Seven Nut and Seed Butter.



I was sent a jar to review and, honestly, it could not have come at a better time. You may recall that I started my sugar-free diet at the beginning of January. I'm all about the real, whole foods these days, especially those without sugar. NuttZo butter is made from all organic ingredients: Just organic peanuts, cashews, almonds, Brazilian nuts, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, hazelnuts and sea salt. Eight real food ingredients.

And true to Owen's statement, it tastes like real food.

We enjoyed it with sliced apples for dessert:


And I enjoyed a spoonful in my smoothie, to up the protein content:


It is good stuff! It is not smooth and sweet -- definitely not regular ol' grocery store peanut butter. It is crunchy and full of goodness. It is real food. Real food tastes different and sometimes we forget that. Our taste buds are so tuned for highly refined, sweet and processed food that we are don't always go for real food. And that's too bad because real food really is better.

For that, I liked NuttZo a lot. I also like that it is made with all organic ingredients. And I like the story behind NuttZo. The founder, Danielle LiVolsi, started NuttZo after she and her husband adopted two boys from the Ukraine. They were vitamin deficient so she wanted to prepare good healthy food for them. NuttZo was born.

Learn more about the history of NuttZo and NuttZo nutrition.

I'm planning to try out some different recipes using NuttZo as I continue on in my sugar-free journey. I anticipate good things!

Have you tried NuttZo?

Hope you're having a great week!



Review disclaimer: I was sent a jar of NuttZo through FitFluential. I was not compensated for this post and the opinions expressed are entirely my own.

2 comments:

fancy nancy said...

Oh yum!!! This looks great!!! I've never tried it before but it is making it's way onto my list!

Felice Devine said...

Definitely try it out, Nancy! I like it a lot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...