Monday, February 4, 2013

January recap.

January was such a weird month for me. I started with hopes for high mileage that would build on my December momentum. Then, I was put on two strong antibiotics, some other medications, and a sugar-free diet.

I lost my momentum.

The first week of the month started strong but after meeting with my doctor I had a tough time figuring out how to eat when eating can't include cereal, bread, pasta, potatoes, dried fruit, etc., etc. My energy level decreased a lot. I couldn't quite figure out what to eat to fuel my runs so many of them were cut short. 

Fortunately, I've been figuring it out and my energy has come back and, as I neared the end of the month, my mileage started to increase. 

I need to keep that going.

I also need some warmer temps. Sheesh!

January stats:

Running (miles): 90.7
Racing: 1 -- the New Year's Day 3.5-miler
Cross training: 8


As I look forward to the rest of February, I want to really kick my half-marathon training into high gear. So that's my goal for the month: Pick up the training pace. 

How was your January?

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...