Friday, March 1, 2013

February recap.

I'm pretty happy with my running in February. Although it was a short month, I logged over 100 miles, with two 27+ mile weeks. I also got in a few solid interval workouts that I hope will help me run well in my upcoming 4-mile race in March and my half-marathon in April.

The only down-side was my treadmill. I rely on my 'mill for many reasons and I would be devastated if it broke down. And I guess I should get ready for some devastation because my 'mill has started breaking down. 

Ugh.

Twice this past week I tried running fast intervals on the treadmill and both times it konked out. As soon as I sped up to a 7:00min/mile pace, the treadmill just stopped. Completely. After turning the treadmill off and then back on again I was able to run, but only at a slower speed. If I tried to go fast again it would stop. 

So, I don't know what I'm going to do. I need my treadmill for right now and I hope we can get it fixed!

Anyway, here's a look at my month.

February stats:

Running (miles): 102.3
Racing: none
Cross training: 9


Not bad! I'm looking forward to March and getting going with some spring races.

Have a great weekend, everyone!


2 comments:

Organic Runner Mom said...

Ugh! I hope your treadmill does not die! I would cry if mine did. Mine is on our unheated porch so sometimes when it is super cold the belt slips and it is not happy. Thankfully (hopefully) spring is around the corner and you will be needing less miles on the 'mill. sounds like your training is going well otherwise!! Happy Running Felice!

Bridget said...

Uh oh. Maybe it just needs a tune up? Good thing spring is coming so hopefully you won't have to rely on the tread mill as much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...