Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Let's Pretend This Never Happened.

You know how people are always saying they have crazy families? And then they go on to tell you something that sounds exactly like your family?

Yeah, that's not at all how it goes in Jenny Lawson's new book, Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir). Lawson really does have a crazy family. And tons of crazy stuff happened during her childhood in rural Texas.

Crazy, laugh-out-loud funny stuff.

It's nuts.

And Lawson's telling of it -- from the whack-o stories about her taxidermist father's antics to cow fertility lessons -- is really, truly funny. And often a little gross.

(Mind you, I can be a tad squeamish so even the funniest stories about animal insides might gross me out. A little.)

Lawson has a great writing voice and is, obviously, a born story-teller. I hadn't read her blog before reading her book (she blogs at super-popular site, The Bloggess) but I must try to do so now that I know how funny she is.

Because, like most people, I could always use a little more funny in my life.





Check out the book. It's a bestseller for a reason. And, believe me, after reading the book you'll probably think your family is a little less crazy than you originally thought.

Have you read Let's Pretend This Never Happened? 
What did you think? Are you a regular reader of The Bloggess?


Have a great day!





This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good book.
I could probably write a version of my own, based on my life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...