Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April recap.

April was a good month for me. Although my mileage was way down from March, it was an expected decline and made sense for my training -- I had a taper week before the half marathon followed by a recovery week after. 


The half marathon was great and my runs since have been increasingly good. I'm sure the turn to warm spring weather has had a little something to do with that! I got out for a really good run with my friend, Karen, last weekend and it was one of those recharging runs. Karen is training for a marathon at the end of May and she had a 20 miler on her schedule for last weekend. I ran almost 10 of those miles with her, over one of the hilly routes we'd run several times last year while training for the NJ marathon. It was such a good run! 

May is pretty wide-open for me. I hope to get out and run with friends as much as possible this month and I also plan to get myself in gear for the Freihofer's 5K the first weekend of June. 

Until then, here's a look at the month that was:


Strong Running Mamas in NYC.

At the half marathon expo with Bridget and Elisa.

Enjoyed a few fun runs in my new kicks!

April stats:

Running (miles): 86
Racing: 1, the More/Fitness half marathon

Happy May Day, everyone! Thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sometimes it's nice to have nothing on the calendar ahead! Enjoy your May!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Advocarerunner said...

Love the shoes! I'm obsessed with anything neon right now! Especially running shoes. :)

Unknown said...

I do not have any races on my calendar for May. I ran a full marathon in April and a half marathon at the end of March. I have learned the hard way that my body needs a break after a marathon. I am going to start doing some speed work and hill training.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...