Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Saving my sneakers!

This is going to seem pretty pathetic, but it is true: I have some running shoes that I bought, thought were great, and then found they hurt my feet so they were relegated to the back of the closet. Where they sat, unworn, while my other running shoes racked up the (too many) miles.

I know, I know . . . I should have returned the shoes but by the time I got around to giving the shoes a proper test, and then making the decision that they did, truly, hurt my feet, it was too late for returns. So, in the closet they sat.

Until recently. I was sent a few pairs of Lock Laces(TM) to try out.


If you aren't familiar with these, Lock Laces are (according to their web site) "the only patented performance lacing system engineered to meet the demands of athletes like runners, triathletes, marathoners, and walkers . . . wearing Lock Laces sustains compression across the foot increasing the amount of oxygen available to the muscles, which helps endurance athletes manage fatigue."

What I found is this: Lock Laces saved my sneakers.

Those running shoes, sitting in the back of my closet? Well, one day I pulled them out. I decided to give Lock Laces a tough trial and use them in shoes that had always hurt.

I swapped out the laces and adjusted the new Lock Laces until the shoes felt (relatively) comfortable. This involved loosening the front part, up by my toes, to give some extra room where I have a bunion.

It worked. Now, I had tried this idea with traditional laces and I could never get it right. If the front part was loose, the rest of the lacing had to either be way too tight in order to compensate or would also be loose. Too loose.

So, it never worked. The elasticity of the Lock Laces allows more customization. It is great for runners like me! I can compensate for my bunion but still wear my shoes tight enough so they don't slip in the heel area.

Win!

And, check out how fun and funky they look:



These running shoes are no longer collecting dust in the back of closet. I can actually run in them!

I've also changed my son's sneakers over to Lock Laces and it makes getting ready in the morning a little quicker -- and, really, even if it adds 30 seconds to my day, I'll take it!

As for my shoes, it makes putting them on and taking them off quicker, certainly, since there is no tying involved. But, for me, the way they help customize the fit of my shoes is the real benefit. I'm sold!

You can learn more about Lock laces on their web site. The laces sell for $7.99 or 3 for $19.99.

Have you tried Lock Laces? Do you like them?

Have a great day, everyone!







2 comments:

Darlene said...

Great idea - I have a few pairs that hurt my bunion too.

Nicole Orriƫns said...

I hadn't even heard of them, but they look really cute. That's great that you can now wear your shoes without feeling like the little Mermaid.


Momshomerun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...