Monday, September 22, 2008

Cross training.

No running today. Instead, I cross-trained. Yea, me! I've been terrible about cross-training for the past year and I'm really trying to do it more often because I know that it helps prevent injuries and improve running performance. So, I turned on my Exercise TV on-demand and got to it. As always, it felt good to workout in a completely different way than I am used to. And, I have to add that when Jackie called for one minute of push ups, I was able to crank them out with ease! So, the never-ending push up challenge is doing me some good.

As a follow-up to yesterday's post, I am pleased to report that I have no lingering ITB pain today. V. happy about that!

8 comments:

E said...

Glad to hear there is no more ITB pain!

Anonymous said...

Cross training is not my thing either. anythign beside running just sounds boring. I love the exercise tv though! I also netflix exercise videos to change it up.

carla said...

YAY! (ITB band)

Frick!!! (Uh, if you've started cross training does that mean I must? Am I the only one left in PLATEAUville?)

MizFit

tfh said...

One minute of push-ups! With ease! Sounds like the challenge is doing MUCH good.

I too am trying to feel good while cross-training instead of frustrated or bored.

Aron said...

great job on the crosstraining! no matter how many times i say i am going to do it, i just have the hardest time actually getting it done!!

Felice Devine said...

tfh -- I paced myself on the push ups (read: did them v. slowly) and that worked!

Mark Salinas said...

Cross training is huge in my book! Good move!

Aileen said...

Congrats on being ITB pain-free! That's excellent news.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...