Lovely Aron at Runner's Rambles tagged me to write 10 things that make me happy. Thanks, Aron! Not only is it a fun exercise but it gives me something to post about ;-) Ha!
I've decided to list 10 running-related things that make me happy. So, here goes:
- My hilly neighborhood. I love that I can walk out my front door and go for a peaceful 5 mile run -- hills and all -- and never be too far from home. It's comforting. Sure, I sometimes enjoy running other routes, but my neighborhood one is perfect for me.
- When Conal asks me if I'm going running. OK, OK, most of the things that my little toddler does make me happy (the now-infrequent tantrums excluded!), but when he shows that he is into my running, that makes me happier than happy.
- My favorite running shorts. They are a sassy dark pink. They fit perfectly. They were $4.98 at Target. Happiness all around!
- My Craisin and almond post-run snack. Protein. Carbs. Vitamin C. Yum! My post-run handful of Craisins and almonds is a favorite treat.
- The way I feel after crossing the finish line. Strong race or not, crossing the line indicates that I've worked hard and finished what I've started. That is one satisfying feeling.
- Marathon telecasts. Why aren't more marathons on TV? I would watch every weekend, honestly. And, yes, I like to watch the whole race, not just the last few miles. I'm a fan!
- Running blogs! Oh, my. Yes. I am an addict. I love reading about running and I love learning from my fellow running bloggers.
- Brooks. I have been a loyal Brooks running shoe gal for over seven years and I don't know if I'll ever change. They work for me and make me happy!
- New gear. If I could, I would buy running gear all the time. And then I would end up in the poor house. Right now, I'm digging my Garmin Forerunner and my awesome turquoise running bra. The bra and I have been together for only two runs, but it is love.
- Feeling strong. When I run, I feel strong. When I set a PR, run with vigor up a hill, nail my speed work, or tackle a new distance, I feel even stronger. Running really lifts me up, making me happier with every step!
PS: My Darn Tough socks review and giveaway is up at my other site. Yay!