Monday, August 19, 2013

Running and strolling.

I'm going to state the obvious: I'm a running mom. Which means, I fit my runs in around the kids and other family stuff. But, I also occasionally force the kids -- well, actually, just the younger one -- into my schedule: I grab him up, plop him in the running stroller, and take off for a run.

Now, I live in a hilly neighborhood so running while pushing a 35 lb boy in a heavy stroller is quite a workout. For the past few years I've been using a decent running stroller. It got the job done, but it wasn't particularly easy.

This summer, however, stroller running got a lot easier. A lot.

Enter the BOB Revolution SE stroller. Begin joyful stroller running.

I mean, look at how happy my little guy is!


Loving the stroller!

Super happy, right? Right. And that's because the BOB Revolution by Britax -- which I was sent to review as part of the Saucony Mom Blogger program -- is awesome.

There's a lot to like about the BOB Revolution stroller.  It is light. It is streamlined. It is easy to maneuver. Plus, I think my little guy finds it to be pretty comfortable. I liked that the front wheel can be stationary (good for running) but easily converts to a swivel wheel for general strolling around. And I liked the height of the handle bar, which I found to be more comfortable than other strollers I've used.

It could just be me, but it was tricky to figure out how to fold the stroller. Once I figured it out, it made sense but I did wish that it folded in a different way. There is something about how it ends up that just seems awkward to me. But, since I usually keep the stroller up and ready-to-go in the garage, it is really no big deal.

So, BOB stroller -- a hit!

And what about those super-cute green running shoes my little guy is sporting in that photo? Well, those are Saucony Kids running shoes, a joint product from Saucony and Stride Rite that are "designed with Saucony DNA but engineered with Stride Rite know-how."

The shoes are designed specifically for kids -- they aren't just shrunken down versions of adult Saucony shoes. This allows for special design elements, like a very flexible outsole that is extra durable (but probably not necessary for adult shoes).

According to my little guy, they are cool and fast!

Here's proof:

Fast runner boy!

The design is great. The shoes fit well, they are easy to slip on, easy to close (thank you, velcro!) and easy to take off. Plus, they stay on. No kidding, that's a good thing with kids shoes!

I love that they are designed to look like "real" adult running shoes.

Kid kicks. Mom kicks.

Sure, mine have laces and his don't. But, to a kid? Same shoes. Same shoes for fast running like mama!

The only thing about the shoes that I don't like -- and this is totally minor -- is that the color on the outsole (orange for this pair) quickly starts to wear off and that looks a little messy. I know, I'm picky. But, the shoes are otherwise so sharp looking, it is a shame to have anything like that take away from their look.

Saucony Kids running shoes -- a hit!

(That's two hits, if you're counting. Ha!)

You can tell that running -- family style, here in Happy Runnerville -- just got a whole lot easier and, dare I say it, happier! New gear will do that for a running family!

Have you tried any of the BOB strollers? 
Or the Saucony shoes?
Let me know!

Have a great week, everyone! Thanks for stopping by.










Review disclosure: I was sent shoes and the stroller to review as part of the Saucony Mom Blogger program. I was not otherwise compensated and the opinions expressed are entirely my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...