Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chicken.

I admit it. I am a chicken.

For all my talk about feeling confident that I won't get a migraine after my hard, hot runs since I've been employing all the good tips people have shared with me, I'm really a chicken.

I was supposed to run a 5k today, with the goal of finishing under 24 minutes. But, I just couldn't get myself to do it. Deep down, I think I was nervous that I would run hard and finish with a debilitating headache and that would ruin the rest of the day.

So, I set out for a nice 6 mile run instead and I enjoyed it. And now, I'm looking toward a different 5k at the beginning of September. The weather should be cooler and I should be less of a chicken by then.

5 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

At least you got a good run in!

Felice Devine said...

True! And I really did enjoy all 6 hilly miles.

tfh said...

Migraines are truly awful.

Better to be smart (smart, yes! chicken, no!) and avoid all possible triggers.

Marcy said...

Don't sweat it chica! I was supposed to run as well. Oh well, what are you going to do? ;-) I'm thinking about doing The Crossing 5K Challenge on Sept 28th. Much time to prepare LOL

Frayed Laces said...

dude trust me...if you get a migraine after a hard workout, you're not doing something right. Whether it's improper hydration going into the run, hydrating too quickly after the run, or just exerting yourself....until you figure it out listen to your body and don't push it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...