Sunday, August 3, 2008

Let's over-do it, shall we?

I couldn't run on Friday so I decided to take this advice and do some squats. Only I didn't have a stop watch so I decided to do two sets of 50 squats. And this, after not being much of a squatter lately.

Two days later, my butt still has not forgiven me.

I don't blame it. It was silly to do all of those squats. But, what's done is done and it's time for us all to just get over it and move on. So, move on we shall . . .

I had two really good runs this weekend: a 4.6 miler yesterday (with some speedy (for me) hill repeats at the end) and 4.1 today. And, I switched over to my new Brooks so I am now running with a little extra pep!

Yeah. Peppy legs, sore butt. Nice combination.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend --

8 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Yowzers, 100 squats. Not for the fainthearted!

Lily on the Road said...

Holy YIKES, that's a lot of squats!!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Felice Devine said...

Andrew, Lily -- It was WAY too many! I hope others learn from my foolish mistakes :-)

Mark Salinas said...

Doing great...I love squats!!!

Marcy said...

Doesn't pick up a child count as squats? LOL

carla said...

I love the sore glutes.
its enough to make me NOT do lunges for a while simply to regitsore again.

have a great monday.

Miz.

Felice Devine said...

OH, Marcy -- YOU ARE RIGHT! Picking up a child counts. So, I guess I have been more of a squatter than I thought! HA!

tfh said...

Hill repeats with a sore butt-- wow! That's tough. Nice runs and hooray for new shoes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...