Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What the heck, Hammie?

My hamstring is acting out.

It's the right one. Always the right one.

We've been getting along fine for months and now this. I took it out for an extra hilly, slightly hard, longish run on Sunday. I treated it to a rest day yesterday. Now, though, it's all fired up. It's sore. Tender. Needs attention. So, I'll give it the love it deserves -- some massaging, lots of ice, a little ibuprofen, even a dose of peanut butter.

With any luck Hammie will calm down soon and we'll be all made up in no time.

4 comments:

E said...

Hopefully the hamstring will be better in a day or two. Rest up!

carla said...

Man I've pulled a hammie before (movie? I can see Jim Carry saying it in my minds eye but can't think what movie! Liar Liar?) and that is PAINFUL.

Hang in there...

MizFit

tfh said...

I don't know about Hammie, but p.b. always wins me over, especially if combined with chocolate.

Hope all the TLC helps!

ncrunner12 said...

I can't think of worse pain then the hamstring. I feel for ya, but it sounds like you're doing the right thing.

Put some ice on it, maybe even some heat and eat a jar of pb.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...