Friday, March 12, 2010

Five things Friday, ep. 16.

  1. I've come to the conclusion that I love Benjamin Cheever. His Strideswas an enjoyable read and I always like his articles and essays in Runner's World. Last night, I finally read his essay in the March issue (I borrow the mag from the library so I'm always behind!) and it was touching. It made me tear up in up parts and chuckle in others. It left me with a hopeful feeling and a plan to go to the library and borrow every one of his books right now.
  2. Dorothy the Dinosaur is weird. Watched accidentally, she's now a toddler favorite. What?!?!
  3. My run on Wednesday evening was lovely. Truly a lovely run. Perfect weather, easy pace, fading sunset. Lovely.
  4. On the trash thing . . . I'm making progress. I'm picking up one or more pieces of trash on every walk and run. It's gross but it is better than looking at the trash, feeling my blood pressure rise, and doing nothing about it. Yes, for real: When I drive around and see loads of trash on the side of the road, my blood pressure rises! I can feel it. Who needs that?
  5. I finally got around to joining the Stonyfield Farms rewards program. I go through 3-4 of the big containers of yogurt each week (yes, I eat a lot of yogurt) so I might as well get something out of it. Will it be worth the effort of inputting codes? Not sure. I mean, inputting a code takes only a few seconds and one week in I'm already half way to a free container of Oikos . . . ha! So, we'll see.
Happy Friday, everyone! Have a great weekend!

~ Felice

PS: Have you entered the Words to Sweat By giveaway? It ends on Monday!

22 comments:

Molly said...

Now that the snow is melting I keep seeing more and more trash, I always have to pick it up because it drives me nuts to see it lying there!

have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Your run on Wednesday sounds divine!

Kim said...

I've just started running but we have a huge park a block over from us where I often walk in warm weather. Last summer, I started the trash pick up thing too. I'd find a bag and while I walked just picked stuff up. Kind of gross, yes, but really made me feel better about helping to keep a beautiful park beautiful.

Amy B @ Second City Randomness said...

Look at you being the environmental friendly runner! That's awesome! :)

And hooray for the nice weather!

ShutUpandRun said...

Yep, definitely seeing more trash now that the snow is gone. I don't mind helping to clean up. I draw the line at condoms and tampons tho (actually saw that on my run yeterday; totally disgusting. How's your breakfast?)

Marlene said...

Wow, good for you picking up some trash. Maybe you should start wearing rubber gloves on your run. ;)

Pining for Pinterest said...

I love yogurt. I should check into that program. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. In regards to Dorothy the Dinosaur, The Wiggles are now banned in our house :-)

T said...

That Dorothy the Dinosaur character freaks me out too. She's a spin-off of The Wiggles. Which explains a lot, really. The good news is that favorites change at that age. Hopefully often!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sounds like a perfect feel good run on Wednesday! Love those! Good for you about the garbage, seeing lots here too :(

misszippy said...

You are a good runnergirl picking up the trash. I'm sure you are inspiring others (me included) to do the same.

Nicole on the run said...

Strides sounds like a great book. I'm always behind on Runner's World too. Like you I have to wait till it's available in the library.

Jill said...

Kuddos to you for the trash pickup! I saw a ton of it in the school parking, high schoolers always throw their garbage there - ick! I'm not sure how Dorothy the Dinosaur is as my kiddos are beyond that age but I remember my daughter being totally addicted to Barney. Yeah, that as painful!

Happy weekend!!

Aileen said...

I read Strides as well and absolutely loved it! Especially when he wrote about running with the troops in various places.

J said...

The rewards program sounds like a good idea since you go through so much yogurt! I have been meaning to try the yogurt but just havent yet! Hope you have a great weekend!

MCM Mama said...

I used to think the Wiggles were just weird in general, but then we went to a show and it was one of the best kid shows we've been to. I miss those innocent days - now we are on to Pokemon and Star Wars. Sigh.

Tricia said...

have a great weekend!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I love the Wiggles Dorothy and all :) Taught my oldest all the animal sounds..

'Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I love yogurt, I need to look into that rewards plan!
Have a ncie weekend!

ajh said...

I have had Strides as a possibility to read for awhile. I will have to just do it.

Heather said...

I loved the essay in the March issue of RW too. Have a great weekend!

Hannah said...

"Dorothy, Dorothy, would you like to dance with me?" We are mega Wiggles fans here.

Denise said...

I didn't know stoneyfield had a rewards program. I'll have to look into that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...