Thursday, March 18, 2010

Time to run.

“I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.” ~William Shakespeare


Yes, indeed. Thank you all SO much for your kind words, congratulations and well wishes on my last post. I should go through life-changing events more often -- I feel so loved! :-)

* * *

I got a little taste of things to come on Tuesday. It was one of those full days that, on paper, has no room for a run. And yet, the weather was terrific and I needed to run. So I made it work. The morning was filled with getting ready, posting to my blog, washing dishes, writing an article, playing with Conal, urging him to hurry up, etc, etc. Then we headed to my mother's house so Conal could spend the afternoon with her while I went to a kids consignment sale (a twice-yearly sale -- it's a big deal with the moms around here). I shopped with purpose, scoring some outfits that still had the tags on them and some key additions to Conal's growing Thomas the Tank Engine collection.

I had played it right and still had just enough time to sneak in a 4.5 mile run before meeting some friends for our monthly night out. Oh, man, am I glad I ran! It was sunny and warm and I ran in shorts and a t-shirt. It felt great. After my run, I followed the lead of some other sneaky runners and washed the sweat off with wet-naps and made myself presentable and -- dare I say, not too stinky -- for dinner.

Dinner with great friends and then home to crash.

It was a jam-packed day (granted, with good stuff but jam-packed never-the-less) but I made time for my run. Days like that make me feel confident that I'll be able to balance life with a toddler and a newborn and my running. I think I can, I think I can, I know I can!

And on that note, I'm off to run in the park (while pushing the toddler) with one of the new runners from my running group!

Have a great day, everyone!

~ Felice

17 comments:

Marlene said...

Busy, busy day! Glad you were able to squeeze in that run - it was definitely too nice to miss out!

I'm all about the non-shower clean-up. :)

Ewa said...

your day puts my 'busy' days to shame.

I always carry wipes, small towels, water and a change of clothes in my car so I can pretend I am clean after my runs. Changing is often a challenge but I got really good at it.

Pining for Pinterest said...

I know you can!!!

Heather said...

Busy! I pulled the non-shower clean up last night so I could run between work and a city council meeting I had to be at. Of course, I then managed to rip my nylons while putting them back on, so I was semi-stinky and bare legged for the meeting. Shameful!

Unknown said...

Squeezing in runs always makes them that much more precious.

If wipes are good enough for the astronauts to "shower" with, then they are good enough for us runners. I use them all the time when I run at lunch.

Lisa said...

Great job at making time for the run! Definitely sounds like it made your hectic day much more manageable!

I love seeing parents pushing their kids in strollers while running through the park! It's so cute to see the little ones fast asleep - or pointing out birds and stuff to their parents!

Have a great day!

Denise said...

with this weather it's so hard to not run!! this taper is killing me. i want to be out there running!

J said...

I love the fun busy days where everything just fits in but just barely! Great job getting out there for a run! I wasnt able to since I got stuck at work late again : ( Thats why i run in the mornings!

Lauren said...

That sounds like such a wonderful day and you have such a great attitude!

Unknown said...

How fun, I hope your park trip was fun!

Abby said...

I keep neutrogena wipes in my bag for just that purpose - works like a charm!

Anne said...

Great job getting a run in on such a full to the brim day! You sure should be proud :)

MCM Mama said...

Baby wipes are awesome for oh so many things LOL.

And you'll find a way to work in runs once the newborn is here. Sometimes it just takes a little juggling...

X-Country2 said...

You're totally going to be one of those awesome women with an adorable belly bump, pushing a toddler, AND running.

MJ said...

You're going to be a super-running-mom!!! You make me feel lazy lol.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

To be a good benign being is to be enduring a philanthropic of openness to the in the seventh heaven, an gift to group uncertain things beyond your own control, that can lead you to be shattered in uncommonly exceptional circumstances on which you were not to blame. That says something uncommonly impressive about the condition of the righteous compulsion: that it is based on a corporation in the up in the air and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a spy than like a treasure, something kind of fragile, but whose acutely special beauty is inseparable from that fragility.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...