So, the thing is, even though I've re-friended the treadmill, I can only run when I'm not otherwise occupied by such things as:
- Breastfeeding (which my son requires frequently)
- Changing diapers (which the same son requires even more frequently)
- Holding a baby (that would be that same son again)
- Making breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and snack (for both sons. And some for the husband. And, OK, much of it for me.)
- Trying to write a blog post
- Collecting, washing, drying and folding laundry
- Breastfeeding (did I already mention that?)
- Working (ha! Deadlines? What deadlines?)
- Occupying one or both of the boys
- Fantasizing about running a 1:50 half-marathon
By the time I got warmed up, Niall was done. I couldn't run while he cried so I called it after 1.5 miles. Whoop-dee-doo.
But, you know, that's what happens. My situation right now is that my little guys come first and my running is, um, maybe 11th on the list. 1.5 miles isn't much, but it is better than nothing and right now, I take what I can get. I'm happy about every mile!
Today, though, I could really go for a long run . . . wish me luck. And cooperative kids!
* * *
Speaking of luck, I have a running SOCKS giveaway going on HERE. Do check it out.